1. It reduces RA Pain and inflammation Bromelain reduces inflammation and pain in chronic inflammatory diseases such as RA. Bromelain was first reported to be of value as an analgesic/anti-inflammatory for use in both rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritic patients in 1964 .
2. It can strengthen your immune system 1 cup of pineapple provides 131 percent of your daily Vitamin C requirement.
Vitamin C improves your immune system function and helps calm oxidative stress which is important for people with RA.
3. It’s packed with antioxidants
Pineapple contains a high number of flavonoids. Flavanoids suppress nflammation and stabilize glucose levels helping to reduce insulin resistance!
4. It helps with digestion
Pineapple contains an enzyme, bromelain. The fiber and bromelain work together to promote a healthy functioning digestive system. Digestive problems are one of the root causes of RA, so getting our GI system healthy is key to feeling our best! The fiber helps a faster transit time and the bromelain helps reduce inflammation in the stomach lining.
5. It can boost your serotonin levels Vitamin B6 helps to convert tryptophan to serotonin. Low serotonin can affect depression and anxiety, so increasing your serotonin may make you happier!
6. It can improve your bone and joint health. Manganese found in raw pineapple may help prevent bone loss in people with osteoporosis. If you have osteoarthritis too, which many of us do, a combination of glucosamine, chrondrotin, and manganese may reduce pain.
7. It can help you heal faster Topical use of bromelain can be useful in helping the skin heal from burns.